TIE-DYE batik will be easy-peasy
Perhaps you have watched the new tie-dye techniques on YouTube.
As it is very difficult to obtain liquid dyes in Europe, the DEKA Hand Dyes are a very good and low-priced alternative.
• You need half a liter (0,5L) of warm water, 1 pack of DEKA aktuell, 1 pack of DEKA reactive agent, 100 grams of salt, a wash bottle with a nozzle and a ziplock bag.
Wash bottles are available in our shop
• Dilute a pack of DEKA aktuell in half a liter (0,5 l) of approx. 40°C warm water, add the fixing agent and 100 grams of salt. Now fill the liquid into a bottle. You can of course fill all the ingredients first into the bottle (for instance a 1l plastic bottle) , then add the hot water and shake well.
• Make sure to wash the garment beforehand and tie it while it is still wet into the desired shape (by twisting, marbling or just tieing).
• Now you can dye the wet garment partially, sprinkling the dye on front and back.
If you want to tie-dye with kids, use rubber gloves in size XS - and the kids’ hands stay clean.
On YouTube you will find a lot of videos about how to proceed, if you're looking for inspiration: Just type 'tie dye' in the YouTube search mask.
• Put the garment dyed with DEKA aktuell in a ziplock plastic bag (available in the PATIN-A shop), close the bag and leave it overnight.
• On the next day rinse the garment thoroughly under running water, until the water is clear. Then wash once with washing powder and hot water.
P.S. Important for both dyeing techniques: wear rubber gloves! If you don't like wearing rubber gloves, we recommend KRESTO Colour for cleansing your hands after dyeing.
• If you want to dye silk or wool, replace the salt by 125ml of vinegar concentrate.
Have fun & brilliant results ❤︎